We are delighted to have been recognised by Index on Censorship, receiving their Freedom of Expression Award for Campaigning.
Our thanks to those who made the nominations, the judging panel and the staff at Index. CRNI will now commence a year’s fellowship with them. More to come on that in the months ahead.
Congratulations to the three new fellows who join us in the programme:
- in Arts: Zehra Doğan, Turkey
- in Digital Activism: Fundación Karisma, Colombia
- in Journalism: Mimi Mefo, Cameroon
Our sincere best wishes to the other organisations nominated in our category, all doing fantastic work and each a worthy winner.
- The Institute for Media and Society (IMS), Nigeria
- Media Rights Agenda (MRA), Nigeria
- P24 (Platform for Independent Journalism), Turkey